Thursday 1 May 2008

dreams.

arcade fire 07.


Two nights ago I dreamt that I was in Arcade Fire. I always find that other people's dreams are really hard to follow, even though it makes sense in their head. But basically in my dream we were playing a concert, and the red-head, Richard, and I didn't have specific instruments to play during most of the songs, so we would just muck around together on the stage, jumping around, clapping random beats at inappropriate times, etc.

Anyway, Win (in the black shirt) was getting really annoyed with us because we just being generally interruptive and we bumped him a couple of times in the middle of a song. So he stopped playing and started yelling at us that we were ruining 'his song' and that he never gets his chance in the spotlight and we were ruining it (or something).

Meanwhile, Richard and I were just rolling our eyes at each other. I mean, come on. Arcade Fire basically IS Win. And perhaps Regine (orange dress). So the moral of the story was that being in such a huge band wouldn't really be all that fun because unless you were 'the face' or whatever you wouldn't really be appreciated and would get walked all over by the big boss. Although I do remember pondering a few months ago the dynamics of such a huge band. What would go on before a gig? Do the girls work out what each other is wearing so they can somewhat coordinate? Do they share rooms? Or is it more that they vaguely travel together but completely do their own thing - just make sure they all rock up at the right place at the right time to play? I would also imagine a 10+ person band would get a bit cliquey as well. Not to mention personality clashes. They make amazing music, but it can't all be sunshine and rainbows can it?

The last thing I can remember about my dream is that Richard and I were just like 'hmph. Fine then' and sat on the edge of the stage swinging our legs to the beat. I wonder what it all means...?

1 comment:

amy said...

hehe :) i have a song that you may not have, but will probably like... email me your email and i'll send it to you pronto. it's sweet.