Sunday 8 March 2009

one year on and still going strong.


"I'm sure it will pass, but for the next few days, weeks, maybe longer, it is consuming me."
February 27, 2008.

It has been a little over a year since I fell under the spell of this band, and still not a day goes by when I don't listen to Interpol in some way, shape or form. It is impossible to describe the way my heart swells almost to the point of bursting when I am not expecting to hear the opening bars of a song, or how filled with joy I am at certain points in certain songs. It is strange, because their songs are not exactly joyous.

Carlos D, who I love, hate and am totally intrigued by has been working on a short film, and you can see the trailer and read more about it here. They are also currently penning new songs for their fourth album. I cannot WAIT.

1 comment:

Mc Cranky! said...

I am exactly the same, i saw them for the first time almost four years ago, and am still completely in love. i don't listen to them as much as i used to but when i do the feeling is exactly the same.