Tuesday 5 February 2008

since before.

Since the last time, I have been a busy, busy beaver.
  • radical times at french bars (sans indie clubs)
    La Boheme was super-sweet and even played Gloria so was there any need for Supermild anyway? Well yes, but given only one person apart from Tan and I would have enjoyed it (god bless Dave) we decided to give it a miss. Still, tasty cocktails (the boys all seemed to gravitate towards the Absolut Hunk, go figure) and tastier tunes made a fun night.

  • birthday + hottest 100

Presents, presents, including my Andy Warhol book (Tan), Audrey Hepburn book (Ash and Jen), silver S (Amelia) all fit perfectly into my newly painted bookshelf, not to mention my wonderful mannequin, christened Audrey, gorgeous earrings from Loz and bangles from Jess. Sweet, sweet gifts from amazing people. Hottest 100 was radical, yet surprising. Here were my votes:

Architecture In Helsinki - Hold Music

Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches

Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry

Faker - This Heart Attack


Interpol - The Heinrich Maneuver


Kings Of Leon - On Call


Klaxons - It's Not Over Yet


Mess Hall, The - Keep Walking


Modest Mouse - Dashboard


Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Down Boy

Only disappointment was that Mess Hall didn't make it. And I was surprised more Klaxons didn't make it in, including my choice. Day was topped off seeing a friend of a friend's band at the Grace Emily. Radical cover of Crystal by New Order to end the night.


  • big day out

Aiiiii! Arcade Fire! A-MAZ-ING! Plus Midnight Juggernauts, Battles, Cut Off Your Hands, King Daddy, British India, Skeletons, Bjork and of course, Rage Against the Machine. Let the photos do all the talking. (More on my Facebook.)

...Not to mention new op shop shoes (cream and tan), working, crafty stuff, watching Sex and the City, and finishing the painting and organising of my bookcase! Now for the decoration and cleaning of my room...